[EMBOSS] backtranambig missing?

pmr at ebi.ac.uk pmr at ebi.ac.uk
Sat Apr 29 06:23:42 EDT 2006

Richard Sucgang writes:

> I am using EMBOSS on OSX (installed using fink). Is it my
> imagination, or is the application backtranambig missing? The
> documentation on sf.net points to this application existing, yet, I
> cannot find the binary in the install. Any ideas?

backtranambig will be in EMBOSS 4.0.0

The emboss.sf.net documentation is for the current developers code, and
includes new programs and changes to the documentation for some of the
current programs.

EMBOSS 3.0.0 documentation is included in the distribution and installed
when EMBOSS is installed.

This often causes confusion - we are working on adding the 3.0.0
documentation to the website but we have not yet had time to finish that
work. (We did move the current documentation to make it clearer that it
was for the CVS code - but that caused more confusion).

More news on 4.0.0 soon - we are busy now planning what will be in the
release.

Hope that helps,

Peter